Monday, September 3, 2012

What I Use To Wash My Hair


1. JASON Natural Dandruff Relief Shampoo - As some of you may know, I suffer from dermatitis, including my scalp. Dermatitis is different from dandruff but can be treated similarly. I was prescribed an antifungal shampoo by the dermatologist but I don't like the idea of using it long term. This shampoo is a lifesaver. It has ingredients salicylic acid and coal tar which treat dandruff, eczema, psoriasis, and dermatitis. It helps keep flaking at bay. It contains menthol and has a lovely cool tingly feeling. Since it is strong, and can be drying, I only use this product on my scalp. I put a small amount of water in a nozzle bottle, then pour in some shampoo. Shake. Then I add a bit more water. I apply to my scalp only. I let it sit on for about 5-10 minutes to give it time to work. This product can be purchased at Whole Foods for about $10
2. Terresentials Pure Earth Hair Wash- if you follow Naptural85 on YouTube, you are probably already familiar with this product. I love it. I was skeptical about how it would work. I love the way it goes on the hair. Although its specifications say to use only this and you don't need conditioner. I use it as a treatment or in between shampoos. I always DC after. This product leaves me with amazing curl definition. I use the Cool Mint version because I love the tingly feeling. But I hear the Left Coast Lemon and Lavender are also good for our hair type. I can also finger detangle my hair with this product. It can be ordered online at terressentials.com It's a bit pricey and you have to pay for shipping.
3. Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo - This is one of the few sulfate free shampoos I've found that lathers, and for me that is a necessity. It does however leave your hair very moisturized. You will not have a squeaky clean feeling from this shampoo. So if you have a lot of product buildup or use a lot of unnatural products, I do not recommend this. This is a staple in my routine because I can find it at Target or Walgreens for $9.99, it has all natural ingredients, and it gets the job done. Also, the makers of Shea Moisture are #Liberian so I gotta support.
Please leave any questions below 

No comments:

Post a Comment